Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wharton invite!!! and other updates

I got the mail from Wharton!!! wow, what a feeling... I couldn't share it with anyone because I was about to enter a meeting! Anyway, this morning I was writing this: "Wharton: Hopes are lost. We are one day to the deadline of the mid decision, and no invite came. I really liked Wharton. Anyway... I'm sure the experience will be great in whatever school takes me in!" But it seems I'm still in the game!

Here comes the updates part.

Tuck: Well, after working hard all weekend, I submitted Tuck on Monday. I prepared those essays in only a week! I was able to use a lot of ideas of my previous essays. People say you shouldn't, however, it worked for me at leat for essay writing. Let's see if it works for getting in! As I am international student, I couldn't go to Tuck to interview, so, if my profile interests them, I will be called for an interview. Otherwise, people will prove right for that thing of not using the others school essays!

Kellogg: I did receive an invite! I thought they were forgetting about me. I hope to schedule it for next week and prepare it well!

MIT & Chicago Booth: In the not-sweet wait. I have a wait of more than a month for both. For Chicago Booth, I'll be waiting for the final decision, and for MIT, I'll be waiting for an interview invite!

So, I will have to prepare two interviews (K and W) kind of in a rush. I don't know if I should split them in the time that is left, so as to be totally focused in one at a time. The thing is I've already written to my Kellogg alumnus proposing him a day and time. If he says yes, then I have to try with the W alumnus to stretch things a little. I don't know... I will see in the next couple of days.

I'll keep you guys informed!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the Wharton interview, and good luck preparing for both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Orlando!
    I have Wharton today and Kellogg tomorrow! Hope both work well...

    Thanks again!

    Regards!

    ReplyDelete