Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Interviewed by Chicago!

Well, i have had my first interview!!
It went pretty well. It was with an alumn in a city outside the US (I am an international applicant). The guy was very straight forward and nice. He introduced himself, told me his career pre-mba and post-mba.

Then we started with the questions:

- walk me through resume


- why so much community work? (i did a lot of community activities!)

- tell me the course you like the most during undergrad

- when did you have a chance to apply that knowledge

- some accomplishment at work

- tell me atime you were frustrated at work

- tell me a time you had to accept someones decision (like loosing a discussion)
- tell me something that impressed you about spain.
- Are you aware of chicago's line of thought?

- why mba, why chicago, why now?

- what do you think about the MBA and the financial crisis? do you think MBAs need a more human side?

- he asked me to recommend him a book
 
I think it went quite well. It was no stellar, but it was more than OK.
So, I am very happy!
 
Good luck to everyone!

7 comments:

  1. btw, congrats on the interview!!!!!! and which book did you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello barbara. Thanks! I am from south america. I talked about a negotiation book i read recently. However, he was expecting some kind of novel. I said "honestly, i haven't read any novels that recently". Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are on the same boat for a couple schools!! I'm in Tuck now...have interview tomorrow, but I'm still working on the essays. Let's try!! because I applied to michigan and I didn't receive an invitation. I think I was denied.

    For kellogg I had the interview last week. But I don't think you should worry that much because is mandatory. Are you in south africa? If yes, maybe that's the reason...it should be harder to find alumni available for interviwes. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Barbara! Hope the Tuck interview went awesome! I´m in south america, and got my interview invitation for kellogg yesterday! (I´m definitely going to post something about it) I was wondering if the had forgotten me hehe, but no they hadn't. I am now to schedule the interview.
    Thanks and good luck to you too! keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uauuuuu!!! Good news about Kellogg!!! The interview is really easy, it is pretty much about fit. Why an MBa, Why Kellogg, an example of leadership and that kind a thing. After so many essays we know everything by heart!! The interview to Tuck was not as good though. I'm from Brazil and the Brazilian students in Tuck told me that my interviewer was a bit tough, and she actually was hard to connect. so I don't know what to expect. Let's see...and Good luck in your!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks!
    Yes, I heard the same. I've got a friend who was interviewed by Tuck and got almost the same problem. Did her name start with "K"?? :) However, I met her at a reception and she was really really nice! Let's see if I get called for an interview... Regards!

    ReplyDelete